Table of Contents
- How to Clear the Cache on Kodi
- Why Clearing the Cache is Important
- Step-by-Step Guide to Clear the Cache on Kodi
- Step 1: Launch Kodi
- Step 2: Go to Settings
- Step 3: Select “System”
- Step 4: Choose “File Manager”
- Step 5: Double-Click “Add Source”
- Step 6: Enter the Source URL
- Step 7: Name the Source
- Step 8: Go Back to the Home Screen
- Step 9: Select “Add-ons”
- Step 10: Click on the “Package” Icon
- Step 11: Choose “Install from Zip File”
- Step 12: Select the Source
- Step 13: Install the Zip File
- Step 14: Go Back to the Add-ons Menu
- Step 15: Choose “Program Add-ons”
- Step 16: Select “Maintenance Tool”
- Step 17: Clear Cache
- Step 18: Confirm Clearing Cache
- Step 19: Wait for the Process to Complete
- Step 20: Restart Kodi
- Q1: How often should I clear the cache on Kodi?
- Q2: Will clearing the cache delete my saved settings and add-ons?
- Q3: Can I clear the cache on Kodi using a different method?
Kodi is a popular open-source media player that allows users to stream and play various types of media content. While Kodi offers a seamless streaming experience, it can sometimes accumulate a large amount of cache data, which can lead to performance issues. In this article, we will explore the importance of clearing the cache on Kodi and provide step-by-step instructions on how to do it effectively.
Why Clearing the Cache is Important
Before we dive into the process of clearing the cache on Kodi, let’s understand why it is important to do so:
- Improved Performance: Clearing the cache regularly can help improve the overall performance of Kodi. As cache data builds up over time, it can slow down the system and cause buffering issues.
- Free Up Storage Space: Cache files can take up a significant amount of storage space on your device. By clearing the cache, you can free up valuable storage space for other applications and media content.
- Resolve Playback Issues: If you are experiencing playback issues or encountering errors while streaming content on Kodi, clearing the cache can often resolve these issues. It allows Kodi to start fresh and fetch the latest data from the sources.
Step-by-Step Guide to Clear the Cache on Kodi
Now that we understand the importance of clearing the cache, let’s walk through the process step-by-step:
Step 1: Launch Kodi
The first step is to launch the Kodi application on your device. Once launched, navigate to the home screen of Kodi.
Step 2: Go to Settings
On the home screen, locate and click on the “Settings” icon. This will open the settings menu of Kodi.
Step 3: Select “System”
In the settings menu, you will find various options. Select the “System” option to access system-related settings.
Step 4: Choose “File Manager”
Within the system settings, you will find the “File Manager” option. Click on it to proceed.
Step 5: Double-Click “Add Source”
In the file manager, you will see a list of sources. Double-click on the “Add Source” option to add a new source.
Step 6: Enter the Source URL
A dialog box will appear asking you to enter the source URL. Type in the following URL:
http://kodi.tv/cache and click “OK” to proceed.
Step 7: Name the Source
Next, you need to name the source. You can choose any name you prefer, but it is recommended to use a name that is easy to remember. Once you have entered the name, click “OK” to continue.
Step 8: Go Back to the Home Screen
After adding the source, go back to the home screen of Kodi by pressing the back button multiple times.
Step 9: Select “Add-ons”
On the home screen, select the “Add-ons” option. This will take you to the add-ons menu.
Step 10: Click on the “Package” Icon
In the add-ons menu, you will find an icon that looks like a package. Click on it to proceed.
Step 11: Choose “Install from Zip File”
A list of options will appear. Choose the “Install from Zip File” option to install the zip file from the source you added earlier.
Step 12: Select the Source
In the next screen, you will see a list of sources. Select the source you added in Step 7.
Step 13: Install the Zip File
After selecting the source, you will find a zip file. Click on it to install the zip file.
Step 14: Go Back to the Add-ons Menu
Once the installation is complete, go back to the add-ons menu by pressing the back button multiple times.
Step 15: Choose “Program Add-ons”
In the add-ons menu, select the “Program Add-ons” option. This will display a list of program add-ons.
Step 16: Select “Maintenance Tool”
Scroll through the list of program add-ons and select the “Maintenance Tool” option.
Step 17: Clear Cache
Within the Maintenance Tool, you will find various options. Select the “Clear Cache” option to clear the cache on Kodi.
Step 18: Confirm Clearing Cache
A confirmation message will appear asking you to confirm the action. Click “Yes” to proceed with clearing the cache.
Step 19: Wait for the Process to Complete
Once you have confirmed the action, Kodi will start clearing the cache. Wait for the process to complete.
Step 20: Restart Kodi
After the cache is cleared, it is recommended to restart Kodi for the changes to take effect. Close the application and relaunch it.
Clearing the cache on Kodi is a simple yet effective way to improve performance, free up storage space, and resolve playback issues. By following the step-by-step guide provided in this article, you can easily clear the cache on Kodi and enjoy a seamless streaming experience. Remember to clear the cache regularly to maintain optimal performance.
Q1: How often should I clear the cache on Kodi?
A1: It is recommended to clear the cache on Kodi every few weeks or whenever you notice performance issues.
Q2: Will clearing the cache delete my saved settings and add-ons?
A2: No, clearing the cache will not delete your saved settings or add-ons. It only removes temporary files and data.
Q3: Can I clear the cache on Kodi using a different method?
A3: Yes, there are alternative methods to clear the cache on Kodi, such as using third-party add-ons or manually deleting cache files. However, the method described in this article is the recommended and easiest way to clear the cache.