Table of Contents
- How to Root Redmi 6 Pro: A Comprehensive Guide
- Understanding Rooting: What Does it Mean?
- Before You Begin: Precautions and Prerequisites
- Step-by-Step Guide to Root Redmi 6 Pro
- Step 1: Install TWRP Custom Recovery
- Step 2: Boot into TWRP Recovery
- Step 3: Backup Your Device
- Step 4: Flash Magisk to Root
- Common Questions and Answers
- Q1: Will rooting my Redmi 6 Pro void the warranty?
- Q2: Can I update my rooted Redmi 6 Pro?
- Q3: Is rooting safe?
- Q4: Can I unroot my Redmi 6 Pro?
Rooting your Redmi 6 Pro can unlock a world of possibilities, allowing you to customize your device, install custom ROMs, and access advanced features. However, the process can be daunting for beginners. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to root your Redmi 6 Pro, along with valuable insights and tips to ensure a successful rooting experience.
Understanding Rooting: What Does it Mean?
Before we dive into the process, let’s first understand what rooting actually means. Rooting is the process of gaining administrative access to your Android device’s operating system. It allows you to access and modify system files and settings that are otherwise restricted by the manufacturer.
Rooting your Redmi 6 Pro can provide you with several benefits:
- Ability to install custom ROMs: Custom ROMs offer a range of features and customization options that are not available on the stock ROM.
- Access to root-only apps: Some apps require root access to unlock their full potential.
- Improved performance: Rooting can help you optimize your device’s performance by removing bloatware and tweaking system settings.
- Increased battery life: With root access, you can use apps and tools to optimize your device’s battery consumption.
Before You Begin: Precautions and Prerequisites
Rooting your Redmi 6 Pro involves modifying system files, which can potentially void your warranty and lead to irreversible damage if not done correctly. Therefore, it is crucial to follow the steps carefully and take necessary precautions.
Here are some important precautions and prerequisites to keep in mind:
- Backup your data: Rooting your device can potentially lead to data loss. It is essential to backup all your important files, contacts, and apps before proceeding.
- Charge your device: Ensure that your Redmi 6 Pro has at least 50% battery to avoid any interruptions during the rooting process.
- Enable USB debugging: Go to Settings > About phone > tap on MIUI version seven times to enable Developer options. Then, go to Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > enable USB debugging.
- Unlock the bootloader: To root your Redmi 6 Pro, you need to unlock the bootloader first. Visit the official Xiaomi website and follow the instructions to unlock the bootloader.
- Download necessary files: Download the latest version of TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) custom recovery and Magisk, which is a popular root management tool.
Step-by-Step Guide to Root Redmi 6 Pro
Step 1: Install TWRP Custom Recovery
TWRP custom recovery is essential for rooting your Redmi 6 Pro. It allows you to flash custom ROMs and other modifications. Follow these steps to install TWRP:
- Connect your Redmi 6 Pro to your computer using a USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded TWRP image file to the ADB and Fastboot folder on your computer.
- Open a command prompt or terminal window on your computer and navigate to the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Boot your Redmi 6 Pro into Fastboot mode by turning it off and then pressing the Power button and Volume Down button simultaneously.
- Once in Fastboot mode, enter the following command in the command prompt or terminal window:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img(replace
twrp.imgwith the actual name of the TWRP image file).
- After the flashing process is complete, reboot your device by entering the command:
Step 2: Boot into TWRP Recovery
Now that you have installed TWRP custom recovery, follow these steps to boot into TWRP:
- Turn off your Redmi 6 Pro.
- Press and hold the Power button and Volume Up button simultaneously until the device vibrates and the TWRP recovery screen appears.
Step 3: Backup Your Device
Before proceeding with the rooting process, it is crucial to create a backup of your device. This will allow you to restore your data in case anything goes wrong. Follow these steps to create a backup:
- In TWRP recovery, tap on the “Backup” option.
- Select the partitions you want to backup (we recommend selecting all partitions).
- Swipe the slider to start the backup process.
- Wait for the backup to complete.
Step 4: Flash Magisk to Root
Magisk is a popular root management tool that allows you to root your Redmi 6 Pro without modifying the system partition. Follow these steps to flash Magisk:
- Download the latest version of Magisk and copy it to your device’s internal storage.
- In TWRP recovery, tap on the “Install” option.
- Navigate to the location where you copied the Magisk zip file and select it.
- Swipe the slider to flash Magisk and root your device.
- Once the flashing process is complete, tap on the “Reboot System” option.
Common Questions and Answers
Q1: Will rooting my Redmi 6 Pro void the warranty?
A1: Yes, rooting your Redmi 6 Pro will void the warranty provided by the manufacturer. However, you can unroot your device and restore the warranty by flashing the stock ROM.
Q2: Can I update my rooted Redmi 6 Pro?
A2: Yes, you can update your rooted Redmi 6 Pro. However, you will lose root access after the update. You will need to re-root your device using the same process mentioned in this article.
Q3: Is rooting safe?
A3: Rooting can be safe if done correctly. However, it involves risks, such as bricking your device or exposing it to security vulnerabilities. It is essential to follow the steps carefully and take necessary precautions.
Q4: Can I unroot my Redmi 6 Pro?
A4: Yes, you can unroot your Redmi 6 Pro by flashing the